Given the vast amount of brand insights that can be mined from social analytics, combined with ambitious promises from technology vendors, it’s tempting to simply select a social analytics platform and get started collecting data. However, lack of preparation, goals and organizational buy-in can doom a social analytics program to failure.
In this guide, we share five steps to building a successful social analytics program for your company. If you’re just starting your social analytics program or if your existing social program is failing to deliver real business value, read our tips for making social analytics work for you:
- Align with strategic business objectives across your organization
- Set criteria for selecting the right social analytics platform
- Throw out marketing personas and replace them with psychographic insights
- Benchmark the metrics that matter
- Stay ahead of the AI technology curve